21 July 2015

Bestie Twin Nails: Watercolor Nail Art

Sorry for being a little behind in my posting today, but I have something fun to share! I did Bestie Twin Nails with the fabulously talented @applepiemanis.


She picked out this awesome inspiration picture for us to work with: a watercolor flower tattoo. How epic is this tattoo?

water color tattoo inspiration

And here's the collage with our manis and the inspiration. I absolutely adore how her mani turned out. This was such a fun collaboration! Check out her Instagram for details on her mani!

bestie twin nails collage

As soon as I saw the inspiration picture I knew exactly which plate I was going to use; of course I was going to stamp, because my freehand skills leave much to be desired. As I was sifting through all my uberchic plates trying to find the exact flower I was thinking of, I was amazed at how many large flower images there are in those plates. Definitely good to know for future manis. Anyway, uberchic 1-03 was the one I needed for this mani!

I used my favorite nude - Serum No 5 Highlight, which is a shimmery glow in the dark light nude color. The formula is perfection and I get opacity in three thin coats. This polish is so awesome that I don't mind needing the three coats. It also dries wonderfully fast, but I used Seche Vite for this mani because I'm lazy and impatient. I stamped with Funky Fingers Dark Night (you need this black polish for stamping until M Polish comes out with her black creme, it's the best). I used my trusty Faburnails stamper; I bought the Messy Mansion soft heads, but haven't broken them out yet. I figure if I have something that works I might as well run with it! I then colored in the flower petals with OPI Color Paints using a detail brush I bought from Faburnails. I didn't quite get the watercolor effect I was hoping for. It's definitely more lead lighting than watercolor; I love how @applepiemanis did hers and may retry this mani at a later time. But the Color Paints were perfect jellies for lead lighting and definitely see myself using them more in the future!

serum no 5 highlight, glitter gal suede, opi color paints

I wanted to add a little something extra to the non-accent nails (and I wanted to use one of my many, many untrieds) so I used Glitter Gal Suede, which I purchased from Llarowe during their huge GGal discount sale (I bought 20 polishes for $2.50 each!) They still have quite a few marked down to $2, so run and buy them all! Suede is a fantastic brown holo that was easy to apply. I used two coats to get this rich, chocolatey color. Normally I'd be pretty "meh" about a brown polish, but this one is a must-have for your collection. Look how nicely it accents my mani without overwhelming the art! And just because I'm now a macro hor, for your viewing pleasure:

glitter gal suede macro

I hope you enjoyed this special edition of BTN!

-twp

No comments:

Post a Comment