07 July 2015

F.U.N Lacquer Payday (H)

Here is the much-anticipated post about F.U.N Lacquer Payday (H). I hope no one lost any sleep while anxiously awaiting its publication.

Like I mentioned in my pervious post, I purchased this polish from Ella Ann Cosmetics for $10. The shipping was a reasonable $3 for two polishes, which is what tipped the scales for me to cheat on my buy ban.

I also thought it was neat that she included UV beads and some colored string with my order as part of an effort to raise awareness about skin cancer risks during the summer. They came with a little note encouraging me to make a piece of jewelry and apply sunscreen to the beads when I'm putting sunscreen on myself. When the beads change color it's time to reapply sunscreen. I'm pretty lazy and not very crafty so I haven't done anything with the beads and string yet, but the gesture was definitely appreciated!

On to the polish!


FUN Payday (H)

From their website, F.U.N describes Payday  (H) as the holographic version of the original Payday. (Did you see that coming? I sure expected it!) Unlike Galaxy (H), they do offer additional details about this polish and don't make you search for the original to learn more. It is comprised of platinum colored real sterling silver flakies, coated in real silver for extra shine. Of course it also contains that holo magic that's included in all of their (H) polishes. Payday (H) is part of their "LE 1st Anniversary Collection."

The one thing that sold me on this polish was the claim that it's easier to apply and remove than typical glitter polishes. Fortunately this wasn't just fairytales told to entice lazy people like me into buying it.  I found the application to be much friendlier than Galaxy (H), needing only two easy coats to be opaque. And once on the nail it looks like beautiful, shiny metallic foil. It's an absolutely stunning effect and it feels so luxurious to be wearing real silver on my nails. I added Seche Vite for extra gloss.

I'm calling the nail art on this mani "geek chic." I'm also amazed that I started mani with no clear inspiration or direction and it somehow came out looking coherent and halfway decent. Normally I don't get that lucky even when I have an idea in mind!  I used Funky Fingers Dark Night which is amazing to stamp with. The plate is Geek Love-01 from uberchic beauty and I used my trusty faburnails stamper.

I am really pleased with the contrast between the tech-geek stamping and the rich flakie polish. It kind of makes me think of a young Grace Hopper, a polished and brilliant computer scientist. Here's one more picture showing some of the rainbow holo in this polish.

FUN Payday (H)

I hope you enjoyed reading  about this richly unique polish!

-twp

No comments:

Post a Comment