25 July 2015

Tribute to a Fallen Sailor

Today's mani is a tribute to a fallen sailor.

This week's theme in my nail group is "awareness manis." Basically, the idea is to pick a cause or charity and do a mani inspired by their colors, symbol, flag, etc. I was kind of stumped about what to do because there isn't one cause that stands out to me. So I was going to do a "support our troops" mani because that is something I'm passionate about. But as I started thinking on it more I decided to pick suicide awareness as my cause, in honor of a sailor we lost to suicide last Christmas.

However, as I started working on my nails, I couldn't figure out how to work the suicide awareness yellow ribbon into my blue and gold navy theme. So I decided to take it a different direction and do a mani in honor of the sailor we lost. These nails are for him, because he's not defined by his suicide. He's remembered for the good things he had done for our Navy and our country. Fair winds and following seas, shipmate.

charlies rad lacquer american warrior

I thought it was only fitting to use Charlie's Rad Lacquer's American Warrior, which is a perfect one coat holo blue. I seriously couldn't have found a better polish to use for this tribute mani. The gold is OPI Love Angel Music Baby. The vinyls are from glammymani.com.

"Blue of the mighty deep, gold of God's great sun, let these our colors be til all of time be done."

charlies rad lacquer american warrior macro

-twp

2 comments: