18 August 2015

Butter London Dosh and Bundle Monster Stamping

I was feeling feisty and wanted to do something a little out of the norm for me, so I grabbed Butter London Dosh and got to painting!

Dosh is not a color I'd normally be drawn to, but I picked it up because it was part of a three-pack Butter London grab bag from someone's destash sale and I have a hard time passing up cheap Butters. It's an interesting green that wavers between olive and yellow undertones depending on the light. It also has a slight shimmer to it, giving it some dimension over a regular crème polish.

Butter London Dosh

As you can tell, I'm not used to posing with bottles, especially the rectangular Butter London bottles. Hello, awkward hand pose! Here's a macro showing off some of the details in this polish. It reminds me of a juicy green apple!

Butter London Dosh Macro

Now the art. I had recently acquired the Bundle Monster Shangri-La Collection, so I just had to break out my new pretties and try more of the plates. For this mani I used BM-S110, which has some fun geometric and tribal-looking patterns to it. Like my previous mani that I did using this set, I love how each nail can have a different image but look coordinated since they're all coming from the same plate. I did find this plate a little harder to work with though. There were some large areas where the polish pooled into, so it was important to get a good scrape and not leave too much polish behind and risk smudges.

I stamped with Funky Fingers Dark Night, which is my go-to black stamping polish until I get my cheap hands on M Polish's new black. I also used my FabUrNails stamper, which is a dream to work with (so much so, that I've got a refill pack of four heads on the way and I can't wait!!)

Butter London Dosh and Bundle Monster Shangri-La

I have to say, even though I went into this with no plan and was kind of hesitant about the green polish, this mani turned out to be really cool. Even my hubs thought it was pretty awesome with the Army green and bold pattern.

-twp

No comments:

Post a Comment