11 August 2015

Glitter Gal Bluemerang and Painted Polish At Sea

I was feeling nautical and wanted to do something with the gorgeous Painted Polish At Sea glitters that have been sitting shamefully neglected on my polish rack since I purchased them ages ago. Luckily I had the perfect pale blue base to use: Glitter Gal Bluemerang.

Glitter Gal (or GGal) is an Australian brand with some awesome polishes to choose from. I bought mine on super-mega-epic clearance from Llarowe. I love the name Bluemerang (it's like Boomerang but blue! So clever.)  It's a lovely sky blue crème, but it took three coats to look nice since the first two were a little streaky. You can see my application wasn't as smooth as some of my other manis on this one. But it's still a lovely color and I only paid $2.50 for it, so I'm not complaining too much.

Glitter Gal Bluemerang

I then used Painted Polish I'm on a Boat for a glitter gradient. I love glitter gradients, they're so easy to do and look so fun. I like how this one kind of looks like seaweed drifting in with the surf. At least that's what I'm telling myself it looks like. The polishes from the At Sea collection are awesome microglitters with a bit of holo sparkle.

On my accent nail I used a Shinespark mermaid scales stencil vinyls that she was kind enough to include with an order of vinyls I placed a while ago. They were pretty easy to work with, but I did have to punch all the little scales out individually when I pulled the vinyl off the backing. I also, apparently, didn't press them down to my nail well enough because you can see where the glitter bled between some of the scales. After placing the vinyl on and putting some liquid latex around my cuticles, I sponged on two-ish coats of Nautical by Nature.

GGal Bluemerang and Painted Polish At Sea

Of course I can't let you go without a macro. I love the deep color in the glitter and the extra sparkle it adds, too!

GGal Bluemerang and Painted Polish I'm on a Boat

Want to hear a behind-the-scenes secret? I've been working on this post all day. You'd never be able to tell by reading it, eh? You'd think an entire day's worth of work would have something more fun, interesting, and amusing to show for it. Sorry to let you down. Hopefully the pretty nails make up for any disappointment incurred by the lack of stellar writing today!

-twp

No comments:

Post a Comment