04 August 2015

Nail Art: Triger Stripe Mani

You'll have to bear with me, because I went a little crazy with pictures for this post. I was apparently super excited about this wild tiger stripe mani!

Let's just get right to the first picture, because there's a bunch!!

tiger stripe nail art glossy

This is the glossy version of my tiger stripe mani. The base color is OPI A Woman's Prague-ative, which is a shimmery golden orange color. It's like tiger glam! The formula is really nice and I used two thin coats but probably would have used a third if I wasn't putting art over it. The first coat appears super sheer, but it builds up nicely with the second coat. The macro shows the fiery, golden, shimmery goodness of this very unique polish!

OPI A Woman's Prague-ative

I used Lou it Yourself Vinyls for the tiger stripe (had to make sure I didn't grab the zebra ones!) I did find them to be a bit trickier to work with than other vinyls I've used, I don't know if it's the brand or just the design with the thinner, more intricate pieces, but I had to pry out some of the stripes with tweezers. (I got a really great set of tweezers from glammymani, which are perfect for vinyl work!) I also noticed that these vinyls seem to be very large; that, or my nails are super nub-a-licious right now. I was actually able to cut the vinyl in half and use one on my index and one on my pinky. Here's the full vinyl on my middle finger (sorry for the blurriness):

lou it yourself tiger stripe vinyls

I used Zoya Anais, which is a mini I got from one of their mystery box dealios. It's a very pretty black with a very subtle pewter shimmer to it. I liked that it added a bit more glitz than your standard black polish. On my accent nail, I started with Anais as a base and used the OPI to paint in the stripes. The macros are spectacular and show off the subtle, but intricate beauty of these polishes.

tiger stripe nail art glossy macro

tiger stripe nail art glossy accent macro

I don't know what got into me, but I decided to take this mani to another level and matte it. I rarely matte, but I'm so glad I did with this one. It adds such a smooth, tigery finish to this exotic mani. It also helps reduce the glare from my less-than-stellar photography skills.

tiger stripe nail art matte

Aaaand, I'm not finished yet! You knew it was coming...I wouldn't let you leave without throwing a few more macros your way. Here are the matte versions.

tiger stripe nail art matte macro

tiger stripe nail art matte accent macro

Now I'm not one to toot my own horn, but I have to say, this mani is probably one of my best. Toot toot. I mean, it has it all: gorgeous, shimmery polishes, fierce tiger stripe design, sleek glossy and sultry matte versions. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

-twp

3 comments: