06 August 2015

Work Appropriate: My Darling Curios Wink

Today I'm talking about my work nails this week, featuring My Darling Curios Wink!


I'd seen MDC around a bit on instagram and really loved the cute bottle and pretty shades but I never really looked into buying any. Then a friend told me about a sale and I couldn't say no! I mean, it was 50% off the already reasonable price of $5. She was practically giving these polishes away.

Honestly I wasn't expecting much from such an inexpensive brand, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that these polishes are both good quality and gorgeous!

my darling curios wink
 
Wink is described as a delicate pink with gold veining. It's really a lovely polish. The pink is dainty and girly and the gold shimmer adds that little extra glam to make it special without being overwhelming. The formula was impressive. Shown is two generous coats, but you can still see a faint visible nail line, so a third thin coat would most likely take care of that. Even though I was pretty heavy-handed with the coats, it still dried quickly and I didn't have any issues with goopiness. It leveled nicely and the polish went where I wanted it to go making for very minimal clean-up.
 
I topped with IMN Out the Door top coat, which has some nice durability to it and definitely isn't prone to the shrinkage Seche Vite is notorious for. I will echo what I said in my last review of it, it does not dry and harden nearly as quickly as Seche does. I had to re-do a few nails because I bumped them and smudged the tips, something I've never had an issue with when using Seche.
 
But before I get into a soapbox monologue about topcoats again, let's get back to the important stuff, this beautiful MDC polish. The macro really shows the gorgeous, yet subtle shimmer to it:
 
my darling curios wink macro

If you don't own any of these polishes you should definitely check out MDC's etsy shop! Her prices are so amazingly reasonable, especially given the good quality of the polish and the beautiful colors she offers!

-twp

No comments:

Post a Comment